20/11 - 26/11







I have 5 weeks of volunteering with Conservation Volunteers in total of which I spent my third week in Titirangi, a suburb of Auckland. This time, my new team and I had to fulfill some different tasks: we do a lot of weeding in a historic garden, renewed the stairs of a coastal walking track at Piha beach, planted trees along a stream and cut down or pulled out thousands of invasive trees (a fern species from Australia) while climbing in a cliff-like mountain.
On Friday, my team and I went out for dinner and had the best and fanciest vegan ice cream in the world to finish off our last week in Auckland.
I still have 2 more weeks of conservation work to go, which I will do in Wellington, though. I caught the bus on Saturday early in the morning to go to Wellington where I arrived in the evening - NZ is actually a pretty huge country with a mountainous landscape that makes the construction of big highways nearly impossible so so you always have to expect long rides.
Now there is only 2 more weeks of volunteering remaining until I will fly to Sydney - more accurate: to my boyfriend.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog