04/12 - 08/12







Another week of conservation work is over - the last of 5 weeks.
A short summary of what we die this week in Wellington: we filled loooads of mulch into bags which we carried uphill, we did plant releasing and track maintaining in a Bird Sanctuary, more plant releasing, as-well as some work in Zealandia (see last post) and nursery work.
To be honest, I am kind of glad that my time in the project is over because I discovered that construction work and gardening is not really one of my passions. Though, I finish this project and leave New Zealand with a smiling face. Just like all the other countries I've been to, New Zealand changed me and my mind. I learned so much, not just about native plants and animals, but about kindness, generosity and how everything seems to be connected in a deep love for our nature. In many ways, I hold a different stance about who I want to be as a person and how I want to live my life. Looking back, what fascinated me the most is probably the spirit of New Zealand by means of how you feel to live - to really be alive, not just exist - in this country. I got to know that there is a deep connection between us as humans and our surrounding and nature, that energy can accumilate through kindness and awareness for humane souls and the soul of our nature... the spirit of life circulates through everyone and everything and you can feel it as soon as you declutter your mind from the endless thoughts thats nowadays everyone seems to drown in.

Today is a day to get emotional and soppy - today is the last day of volunteering after 5 months: I've traveled to South Africa, Vietnam, Indonesia and New Zealand - alone. And now, after 5 months of learning, soaking in inspiration, changing minds for a thousand times and hundreds of acquaintances, a new chapter in my life is about to begin: tomorrow at 16.05 is my flight to Sydney, to my boyfriend. As of tomorrow, we will start travelling, learning, being inspired and amazed and create our world together...

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog