27/10/2017 - 29/10/2017

I was getting emotional at the airport in Bali. I caught my flight to Auckland, with a stop-over in Sydney. After half a day of travelling, I arrived in Auckland.
I immediately recognized how very different the perception of life is here in New Zealand - I was overwhelmed by the kindness and hospitality. It seemed so natural and normal to talk to totally random people - everywhere!
Even though Bali is only 6 hours behind New Zealand, I had to face the worst jet lag I've ever had.
This is why I started my stay in New Zealand with some clueless strolling around in the city. I went to the two big parks in the city centre (Albert Park and Auckland Domain) and enjoyed the rather chilly temperature in comparison to Bali's tropical heat. To get an impression of Auckland, I walked through some residential areas and then I realized how very very rich the "western" countries are. It seemed so exaggerated that the houses have several floors, a big garage to fit two cars in it and big fences and fancy gates surrounding their gardens. It was almost strange to be back in a country living in bounty, just as in my home country...
I enjoyed a 4 hour walk through Auckland and along the long waterfront and harbour and then went back to my hostel to recover from the jet leg.


the war memorial museum

the Sky Tower 


Albert Park

the old harbour building

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog