06-10-2017

Today, another volunteer I've made friends with and I went to the holy springs, not far away from Ubud. They are located next to a big temple and I estimate they consist of more than 30 small springs as you can see them below. The holy water runs into a kind of pool in which big - I mean really big - fish are swimming. I took some time for me to dare to go into the water, but it was so worth it. You literally had the holy water all for yourself and could take your time to purify you body and soul at each of the springs. Every spring has a different meaning - one is for health, one is for luck, ...
You really had to go into the water wearing the traditional Balinese skirt "Sarong" and covering your shoulders, just as locals would do it - I have to say I'm proud to finally possess a real traditional Sarong with belt now!




Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog