13-09-2017

Today was my last day to enjoy the beach since I am going to head to the mainland of Bali as of tomorrow. So I took this last chance to toast myself in the burning hot sun and to think about life - cause where could you do this better than in this scenery? 
During my stay in South Africa, Vietnam and Bali, some things became clear to me. About what makes me happy, how I wanna live my future life. I found out that there is so much beauty in the simplicity of life - for 2 months now, I haven't possessed anything expect for what is in my backpack, haven't worn make-up or cared about my hairstyle, I haven't worn jewerelly, a nice bag or fancy shoes. I haven't bought souvenirs or luxuries. I lived with the bare neccessities. I have spent my money on food and a clean bed and life has just been that simple. When I wanted to go somewhere, I just walked there. I got rid of 4 kilos of my clothes and items I brought from home. By liberating myself from everything that isn't essentiel to survive and to come along, I discovered a feeling of happiness and freedom I had never known before. 
Knowing that you can carry everything you possess on your back turned out to make me feel light and liberated. Some people might call this minimalism. For me, it is the discovery of the simplicity and beauty of life, a life in which the people I love and not the things I possess make me a rich person. And all of the sudden, my mind was free.



The world of relationships and acquaintances is rich enough to fill our lifes, without the need to add useless ornaments that do nothing but encumber the spirit and our leisure time. 
- Charlotte Périand  

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog