22nd August 2017

During my stay in Vietnam, I'm going to travel around with a group of people from the UK and the US.
Today, we went out for food tasting and tried loads of delicious vietnamese food. After four hours of straight eating, I was sooo stuffed! At first, we tried some fruits I don't even know the name of at a local street market. Some were nut-like but had the texture and looked like jellyfish inside. It was pretty good, though. After that, we had a type of bread filled with meat - well, with vegetables for me. Well, I skipped the part with the chickens you can see below. Already feeling pretty good, we went for "the best" rice noodles, tofu, soy sauce and undefinable green stuff. Then, we had some kind of donut, sweet and crunchy on the outside, filled with sticky rice and beans. As if we hadn't have enough yet, we had some smoothies at a roof top cafe and some dessert on the street with fruits like dragon fruit and avocado, ice and jelly. I've never eaten so much in my whole life! I'm happy that there is so much to choose from for veggies, too! And I'm pretty proud to say that I kinda learned to eat with chop sticks by now. Well, the other alternative would be to cope with the hunger, anyway.













In the evening, we went out for a water puppet show which blew my mind. The traditional vietnamese music was amazing and I really enjoyed those many little scenes that each depicted another story.






Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog