21st August 2017

This is my first day in Vietnam and it's quite a contrast to South Africa! I'm stunned by how there is so much life and diversity in one little world. Walking down the streets, I found several temples and pagodes. I feel like I'm having a day dream strolling around and seeing people wearing these traditional hats, driving old bikes and carrying like tons of exotic fruits with them. I already love the culture and the busy city of Hanoi and am excited for what is about to come.
The traffic is crazy, though. It seems like there aren't any rules at all since everyone just drives the way they want - even if the traffic lights are red, there is a pedestrian crossing or whatever. They even drive on the opposite side of the road and dodge other vehicle just by a few inches. And there are looooaaads of scooters - even with four persons on it. If you want to cross the street, you just step right on the street - with up to 6 lanes - and hope for the best. They wouldn't stop for you, though. If you're lucky, they dodge you in the very last moment. But yep, I'm still alive. 
In the evening, we went out for vietnamese dinner - so delicious! It was the first time for me eating with chop sticks since there literally aren't cutteries over here. I wished I could say that I managed it, but no, I'm still struggeling. 


 



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog